Saturday 4 May 2013

First Impressions: Essence's 'Get Big Lashes' Volume Curl Mascara


Well that title was a bit of a mouthful! Hello everyone! I have for you today a little first impressions post on Essence's mascara. It isn't a very hyped mascara at the moment but I wanted to give it a try since I was in need of a new mascara and had seen a positive recommendation of it somewhere.
I bought it for around €2.89 in Pennys and since it was suuuper cheap I couldn't say no! I'm pretty sure they have another version for length and another for waterproof but I picked this one up anyway.
Here is a picture of the wand, its a curved wand which I actually like here as it fits the natural curve of my eye perfectly!


As you can see from the photographs I have very thin lashes and especially on the bottom they are also very sparse. So I usually pick up 'volumizing' mascaras instead of 'lengthing' ones
After first trying on the mascara I found that one coat was not enough for me. It did make my lashes look better but I wanted them a bit thicker looking so I applied the second coat.
Overall I am very pleased with the results of the mascara. I mean, its not a life changing product by any means, but I think for the price that it is, it is a great mascara. I would even say that it is just as good as some of the other more expensive mascaras out there. I would definitely pick this up if you are on a budget and need a cheap mascara or if you are looking for a daytime mascara to keep in your handbag without spending a small fortune!


These are my lashes with no mascara or eyeliner. (excuse my puffy eyes!)

These are my lashes after one coat of the mascara.
These are my lashes after two coats of the mascara.

I hope the pictures were ok, it was quite awkward taking pictures of my eyes as I've never done it before, especially trying to get the camera to focus!
Thank-you all so much for reading and let me know what your favourite mascaras are as I would love to try more out! 

5 comments:

  1. Essence has good products for the price. I really appreciate it.

    I'm still looking for THE perfect mascara, but currently I'm using a mascara from Yves Rocher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lovely,
    Not heard of this brand before, but looks good for the price. Have you heard of E.L.F?

    I love your blog and am following you on GFC & bloglovin now.
    I'm currently hosting the giveaway of a £65 beauty hamper on my blog. Would love it if you checked it out ;)

    Looking forward to your next post xx

    http://glamourtricks.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/hi-beauties-i-wanted-to-bring-you.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard of ELF but they don't sell it in Ireland unfortunately.
      Thanks so much, I'll check of your blog!

      Delete
  3. I need to find a mascara! I can never find one that makes my eye lashes look amazing! And the price of some is ridiculous if they don't work x

    www.indigogirl1.bogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great mascara :) I love the Yves Rocher sexy plump mascara x


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete